Using the bulk upload feature enables sharing of product data using a simple Excel spreadsheet and matching images.
How to bulk upload products:
1. Click on "Products & Lines" on the main navigation at the top of the screen and click on Bulk Upload.
2. Follow the three steps in the window next to "Bulk Product Upload." Please review all three steps before selecting the "Start" button.
3. During Step 1, be sure to download the correct template. Download the "Smart Product Template" for New Products and the "Existing Product Template" for Existing Products.
3. Follow these tips when adding product data to the various fields in the template:
- Do not edit the field names (row 1) on the template or your product data will not load.
- When adding data to a field (or cell) in any given column, do not start any field value with symbols such as =, +, - or anything that could be interpreted by Excel as a formula.
- For each product, we strongly encourage you to include product category tags (you can include up to 5 for reach product) to help your product be discovered through search and filter features.
- Product State determines whether the product is something you will be featuring at market (active) or not featuring at market (inactive). If a given product is market inactive, it will not display on the Las Vegas Market site.
- Enter “New for Market” only if the product is indeed new for that particular market.
- In the field “Alt Text”, include your image text description for the visually impaired and non-graphical browsers.
- Columns marked “FileName_1” through “Filename_10” are for product images. The image name in this field must be the same as the name of the actual image uploaded in step two of the process. Note: you must upload an image or the product will appear on the Las Vegas Market site with a blank space rather than an actual image.
4. Next, in step two, Upload Images, browse to find the images you are uploading for each product. You can upload 10 images for each product. Again, the image file names listed in the Smart Product Template must exactly match the names of the image files themselves. Note: image uploads can take several minutes and up to an hour or more to complete, depending on the quantity and size of images.
5. Finally, upload your Smart Product Template and check the status of your upload before clicking "Save and Finish."
6. After completing your bulk upload, please allow 2-3 hours for the system to add your product data and images to the website where they will be discovered and viewed by Las Vegas Market attendees.
Have more questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org